Sunday, July 31, 2011

food for the soul

Of  prayers, spiritual discernment, Ignatian songs and verses from forgotten poets, I take refuge during storms. Mastering every subliminal effect of words repeated in my mind a hundred times. I have drunk from the same cup of Homer, Quijote, Longfellow and Frost - old and ancient poets whose testimony of humanity is true in their time as it is today, a thousand years after their bones have been washed away in time and yet, our memory of them remains. I give tribute to their great minds for accompanying me in my troubled days when I was lost and weary, they have given strength to my humanity. Timeless truth about life and death; of youth; of leadership; of passion, mission, vision; of faith, hope and love. Furthermore, timeless truth about the infinite possibilities of our humanity sealed in blood by our Lord Jesus Christ. Let me share with you a most precious song which I sing in my heart to keep me strong amidst strong winds and adversities:


Pilgrim's Theme


Tired of weaving dreams too loose for me to wear
Tired of watching clouds repeat their dance on air
Tired of getting tired of doing what's required
Is life a mere routine in the greater scheme of things

Through with taking roads someone else designed
Through with chasing stars that soon forget to shine
Through with going through one more day - what's new
Does my life still mean a thing in the greater scheme of things

REFRAIN 1:
I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place
So my life can fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things

Each must go his way, but how can I decide
Which path I should take, who will be my guide
I need some kind of star to lead me somewhere far
To find a higher dream in the greater scheme of things

The road before me bends, I don't know what I'll find
Will I meet a friend or ghosts I left behind
Should I even be surprised that You're with me in disguise
For it's Your hand I have seen in the greater scheme of things (REFRAIN 1)

BRIDGE:
For Yours is the voice in my deepest dreams
You are the heart, the very heart
Of the greater scheme of things (REFRAIN 1)

REFRAIN 2:
Why don't we follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
One day we'll find our place
For all things fall in place
For all things have a place
In the greater scheme of things 



May you find shelter in the words herein written. Sing it silently in your hearts. Find comfort in the wisdom written between the lines. In the silent voice you hear in the stillness of your heart, there you find God - the source of our light. Namaste! 
the God in me, greats the God in you. We find strength in the grace given us each day. If we simply look closer, we can find God everywhere. Only in God, we can find a self sustaining fire. Poets merely put into human words what little water they can capture in the great ocean of God's love for the world. Nevertheless, we are inspired by whatever amount of wisdom translated to us by sublime minds and poetic hearts.


While there is life in you, there is hope. The very breath preserved by God in Job's ultimate test. What great courage and faith demonstrated by Job. Of great pain and unimaginable suffering, Job's love for the Lord is great and His grace sustained His humble servant. No amount of adversities will deter Job from his steadfast faith in God. The book of Job is a story of love; and of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment